MONTESSORI CURRICULUM – Circle Time
Buds ( 2 Yrs – 3 yrs) & Blossoms ( 3 Yrs – 4 Yrs)
The purpose of the Toddler program is to improve the development of language, trust, and independence while assisting in the normal development of personality. Toddlers learn through their senses. The environment is designed in a way in which the children can move freely, leading to independence while participating in their daily routines of care. Children participate in play, walks, creative movement and music and play.
Children learn concentration and skills with the various activities planned for their age group. They increase the power of their senses and gain an understanding of terms such as large, small (also larger, largest) etc., with the Sensorial Materials. Language activities and materials increase vocabulary and conversational skills, develop writing and reading skills, and begin an understanding of grammar. Hands-on experiences with the resources give children clear, concrete impressions.
What makes Montessori education unique?
- The “whole child” approach: The primary goal of a Montessori program is to help each child reach full potential in all areas of life.
- 2. The “Prepared Environment”: In order for self-directed learning to take place, the whole learning environment – room, materials and social climate – must be supportive of the learner.
- The Montessori Materials: Dr. Montessori’s observations of the kinds of things which children enjoy and go back to, repeatedly led her to design a number of multi-sensorial, sequential and self-correcting materials which facilitate the learning of skills and lead to learning abstract ideas.
- The Teacher: Originally called a “directress”, the Montessori teacher functions as a designer of the environment, resource person, role model, demonstrator, record keeper and meticulous observer of each child’s behavior and growth.
How can a “real” Montessori classroom be identified?
An authentic Montessori classroom must have these basic characteristics at all levels:
* Teachers educated in the Montessori philosophy and methodology for the age level they are teaching, have the ability and dedication to put the key concepts into practice.
* A partnership established with the family. The family is considered an integral part of the individual’s total development.
* A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative and social independence.
* A schedule which allows blocks of time to problem-solve, to see connections in knowledge and to create new ideas.
* A classroom atmosphere which encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development
What happens when a child leaves Montessori? – Our End Products!
Montessori children are unusually adaptable. They have learned to work independently and in groups. Since they’ve been encouraged to make decisions from an early age, they are problem solvers who can make choices and manage their time well.
Montessori children have also been encouraged to exchange ideas and to discuss their work freely with others, and good communication skills ease the way in new settings.
Circle time, we take a holistic approach to learning which fits the whole school’s aim of treating each child as an individual who is listened to and supported. Combine this with a happy, purposeful atmosphere for foundation learning and a rich, varied Nursery curriculum. Circle Time is one of the best Best preschools in Muhaisnah. Preschool for 2 to 3 year old and Best Nursery For 3 to 4 Year Old
For more details, You may reach us here: https://www.circletimeuae.com/contact-us/